We thank you all for your flexibility in these strange times. As educators and administrators across the county and country, we are doing our best to adjust and adapt to the new norm in education. We hope this is temporary, but until then we need to stay positive and work together to project the right message to our children. That will allow them to begin this school year with the right attitude necessary for success, and the belief that they too can overcome obstacles just as we are overcoming the challenges presented with virtual learning.
A look ahead to our 1st day of virtual learning here at LCES.
The Blue Button is the conferencing tool that will be used with Canvas. Students will need to use this daily to access their class meetings and assignments. This 5-minute video will help students understand how the tool works.
Or just follow these directions:
- Students are asked to login 15 minutes BEFORE class begins(so at 8:15 am) using whatever device you chose, log in to the http://my.ccps.us/ website. The early login will allow time to work out any technology glitches before class begins at 8:30.
- Find and click on the Clever icon.
- Find and click on the Canvas icon. This will take you to the Canvas dashboard.
- Click on your child’s homeroom course tab (5th HR – Honeycutt or 5th HR – Callahan). This should open your child’s virtual Bitmoji homeroom.
- Follow the directions on our bitmoji whiteboards to join or “start” the homeroom conference meet and greet at 8:30 am.
PLEASE join or “start” the class on time and be seated in a quiet distraction free work area. Have your supplies close by, mute your microphone until directed otherwise, and be dressed appropriately. See you at 8:30.
This main page of our blog may be a regular resource for us as we communicate with you all throughout the year. We will most likely send links to this page using the Remind app, so please check those messages frequently and ask questions. We are here to help make this year a success for everyone that has a stake in this whole process